Twimbit is a business insights platform (twimbit.com). The platform enables personalized subscription plans, purpose based communities and advisory services. These allow our end users to make better business and career decisions.
- Your Twimbit membership will continue until terminated. To use the services you must provide us with one or more Payment Methods. “Payment Method” means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your account with a third party. Unless you cancel your membership before your billing date, you authorize us to charge the membership fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below).
- We may offer a number of membership plans, including special promotional plans. Some plans may have differing conditions and limitations, which will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. You can find specific details regarding your Twimbit membership by visiting our platform (twimbit.com) and clicking on “Settings”.
2. Free Trials
- Your twimbit membership may start with a free trial. The duration of the free trial period of your membership will be specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members and certain former members to try the service.
- Free trial eligibility is determined by twimbit at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility or duration to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. Members with existing plans and memberships are not eligible for this. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent twimbit membership to determine eligibility. Some restrictions may apply for different combinations of offers.
- We will charge the membership fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method at the end of the free trial period unless you cancel your membership prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the membership price and end date of your free trial/paid periods, visit our Account section on “Settings” page
3. Billing and Cancellation
- Billing Cycle. The membership fee for the twimbit service and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged to your Payment Method on the specific billing date indicated on your “Settings” page. The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you choose when you sign-up for the service. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and check under account section on the “Settings” page to see your next payment date. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of membership or service-related charges through various methods, including authorizing it for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization during your free trial period.
- Payment Methods. To use the twimbit service you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated to your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or is no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Updating your Payment Methods. You can update your Payment Methods by going to the “Settings” page. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
- Cancellation. You can cancel your twimbit membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the twimbit service through the end of your billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods or unconsumed twimbit content. To cancel, go to the “Settings” page and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. To see when your account will close, click “Billing details” on the “Account” page. If you signed up for twimbit using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your twimbit membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the twimbit service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your twimbit membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- Changes to the Price and Subscription Plans. We may change our subscription plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to your subscription plans will apply no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
4. Twimbit Service
- The twimbit service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and business/enterprise use only and may not be shared with individuals/companies beyond registered accounts. During your twimbit membership we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and consume the twimbit service and content. Except for the foregoing, no right, content or interest shall be transferred to you.
- You may consume the twimbit content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and/or have licensed such content. The content available may vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
- The twimbit service, including the content repository, is regularly updated. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our platform, website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of twimbit content.
- Some twimbit content is available for download and offline consumption on supported devices. Limitations may apply as applicable. Some Offline Titles may not be playable in certain countries and if you go online in a country where you would not be able to consume that Offline Title, the Offline Title will not be playable while you are in that country.
- The quality of the display of the twimbit content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to access twimbit content may vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your device. This variance will be negligible.
- The Twimbit platform is developed by, or for, twimbit and is designed to enable consumption of twimbit content through ready devices. In remote instances, the platform may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of the twimbit and related third-party software.
5. Passwords and Account Access. The member/enterprise who created the twimbit account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the twimbit account and the devices that are used to access our service and is responsible for any activity that occurs through the twimbit account. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password or details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, twimbit or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
6. Warranties and Limitations on Liability. The twimbit service is provided “as is” and without warranty or condition. In particular, our service may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special, indirect and consequential damages against us. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the laws of your country of residence.
7. Class Action Waiver. WHERE PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND TWIMBIT AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, where permitted under the applicable law, unless both you and twimbit agree otherwise, the court may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Unsolicited Materials. Twimbit does not accept unsolicited materials as content and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to twimbit.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.
Last Updated: December, 2020