Almost all companies in 2020 are toying with the idea of remote work for a significant time or forever.To help on that journey, we present the top 10 global companies who have aced remote work. To learn more about:
- What is remote work?
- Twimbit’s e-tact framework
- Our selection criteria
Please go here
Twimbit’s top 10 global companies to ace remote work
Industry: IT Services
6000 employees | Hybrid + Gig | 500000 Gig workers
Lionbridge started as a translation company. Today, they encompass the realms of linguistics, AI, and data quality. Powered by people and augmented by cutting-edge technology, the mission of Lionbridge is to deliver resonance with speed, scale, and precision.
Lionbridge is an expert at 350+ languages and is spread across 5000 cities. Through their world-class platform, they orchestrate a network of 500,000 passionate experts around the world.
Their experts extract and convey the maximum from every data point.
Lionbridge has a separate division for remote work called “smart crowd”. They describe themselves as a growing group of people chose to work in the cloud on their own terms.
- This is contractual work to earn a little more as a part time job
- A smart crowd member is free to choose the number and rate of tasks
- A chance to work for brands like Adobe, Canon, Caterpillar, CBS Interactive, Cisco, Dell, Eli Lilly, EMC, Expedia, Golden Living, Google, HP, LRN, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Pearson, Pfizer, Philips, Porsche, PTC, RIM, Rolls Royce, Samsung, Skillsoft, Studec, and the US Department of Justice.
- Applicant is matched with an appropriate task that fits the skill set
- Placement evaluations to show real talents and skill level
- At least one placement evaluation must be completed before being considered for work
- Applicant will only be allowed to work on tasks related to the talent they’ve demonstrated.
- Higher the score, greater the chance to take on tasks and be paid for work.
Lionbridge stays customer centric by helping its customers to be customer centric. Considering the COVID-19 outbreak, every company wants to make their connections with clear, concise language. And Lionbridge can support their communications with employees, partners and customers alike at any time of day in more than 350 languages. Currently they are offering free telephonic interpretation support.
The following is testimonial from a client of Lionbridge. From those words it is clear how Lionbridge keeps its customer happy.
“Not only did the Lionbridge team strive to clearly understand and solve around our specific project requirements, their mobile testing team also delivered on their promises, within our timeline and budget, and exceeded our overall expectations. We would definitely use Lionbridge again.”
Craig Collett, CEO of Shuffle Ventures
Merger and Acqisitions
Lionbridge acquired Gengo in 2019
- A Tokyo-based leading-edge technology company providing crowdsourcing, machine learning and localization services to global customers.
- Improves Lionbridge’s position in the machine learning and content relevance market.
- The purchase includes the online platform Gengoi.ai that provides AI training-data services enabled by a crowdsourced network of highly specialized contributors.
Awards and Recognition
Recognized by FlexJobs as a Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs 2014-2019
Curious to know about other top picks by Twimbit?