Almost all companies in 2020 are toying with the idea of remote work for a significant time or forever.To help on that journey, we present the top 10 global companies who have aced remote work. To learn more about:
- What is remote work?
- Twimbit’s e-tact framework
- Our selection criteria
Please go here
Twimbit’s top 10 global companies to ace remote work
Industry: Primary and Secondary education
150 employees | Office + Gig
VIPKid aims to provide a truly global education. Their technology enables personalized learning and a connection between teachers and students across the world. Going ahead, they plan to focus on these three areas.
- Enhance student learning by adding more educational content
- Improve engineering, technology and product
- Provide additional tools and assistance to teachers
- Leverage AI to explore future of learning
Currently the focus is to teach English to kids from China and South Korea. A smaller business now called Lingo Bus has also cropped up that focuses on teaching Mandarin to kids globally. If given a little thought, it could be possible to use the same tools and framework for other language vectors — for example, teaching Spanish to an Indian audience. In other words, VIPKID might just be at the tip of the iceberg in terms of its potential.
The entire life of a teacher at VIPKid is remote. The hiring and teaching process is all online.
- Sign up
- Demo lesson
- A recorded video
- Clear instructions on the preparation tips and expectations from the demo
- The base pay determined
- Get certified to teach a specific level
- Applicants free to choose the level they’d like to teach
- Access preparation material
- Certification class is 1-1 with a VIPKid mentor
- Background check on VIPKid platform
For VIPKids, the consumers are the children attending the classes. Numerous articles are provided in the company blog for the teachers to get familiarise with company way of executing an online class. Also, there are multiple workshops designed to improve the teaching style of the teachers.
Another way to earn customer centricity is the way they treat the defaulters. Talk of politically sensitive topics like Taiwan, Tiananmen Square leads to terminated contracts of two American teachers.
The platform used for all the teaching process is Skype.
Awards and Recognition
Recognized by FlexJobs as a Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs 2014-2019
Curious to know about other top picks by Twimbit?